Find answers to commonly asked questions about hemp clothing and our services at TOASTY HEMP CO!
Hemp Blend Clothing Care
- Toasty Hemp hoodies and Toasty Hemp t-shirts are comprised of blends of hemp fiber & recycled poly, and hemp fiber and organic cotton.
- Hemp blends have a tendency to shrink slightly, especially if dried on heat in a clothes dryer. Shrinkage can be up to 8%, which can translate to up to around 1.5 inches of shrink vertically (e.g. length or drop) and sleeve length. Once this initial shrinkage occurs the garment generally will not shrink more.
- To preserve the size of the garment we recommend machine washing in cool water with like colors, and air dry.
- If you would like to use a dryer, we recommend tumble drying on low heat. If you are line drying, keep the garment out of the direct sunlight as this can cause fading.
- Note that some heavier hemp blend fabrics may stretch when line drying as this stretches the hemp fibers.
- Hemp blends take differently to dyes than other fabrics. We do not recommend using fabric softener, bleach, or other chemical enzyme cleaners.
- It is possible for hemp fabrics to pill (forming small balls of fluff) when in contact with abrasive materials. We recommend washing and drying your hemp garments with similarly soft articles of clothing. Pilling can be easily removed with a fabric shaver.
Tell me more about Recycled Poly
Some TOASTY hemp hoodies & hemp t-shirts are made with a 55% recycled poly / 45% hemp fiber blend.
Recycled poly is created from plastic wastes from materials such as bottles, excess packaging, and textile wastes. These wastes are collected and transformed into yarns that can be woven into fabrics.
Recycled poly fibers act very similar to traditional polyester. However, there's one big difference: your TOASTY HEMP CO garment is recycled, and living its second and best life by repurposing plastic waste that would otherwise end up in a landfill – or worse!
Our designs are unisex (unless otherwise stated), and we recommend sizing up if you like a roomier fit and feel.
Sizing up is also recommended if you plan on drying your clothing on heat in a clothes dryer, as hemp garments can shrink up to 8%, which can translate to up to 1.5 inches off length of drop and sleeves.
One of our founders has almost never followed proper care instructions for garment washing, and instead prefers to blast his garments in the dryer "to get it over with". This is not a TOASTY HEMP CO recommendation, but it seems to work for him, as he chooses his sizes based on anticipated shrinkage, and he seems happy with the results.
Shipping, Returns & Exchanges
TOASTY HEMP CO currently offers standard domestic ground shipping in the US, and standard international shipping to all countries served by our carriers: USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
Shipping for business / wholesale orders is handled on a case-by-case basis depending on the size of the order.
Returns & Exchanges
TOASTY HEMP CO is a small business and we currently operate with limited stock, and therefore we cannot guarantee ongoing availability of specific designs.
Returns & exchanges on items that are confirmed to be unworn and unwashed are accepted within 30 days from their purchase date.
In the unlikely event of a manufacturer defect, please email a photo of the issue to email@example.com and we will handle on a case-by-case basis.
Visit our shipping and return policy page for more detailed information.
Hemp Clothing Wholesale Inquiries
Are you interested in becoming a TOASTY HEMP CO reseller, or outfitting your brand, business, or team in hemp apparel?
TOASTY HEMP CO is your one stop shop for affordable hemp clothing wholesale options. Learn more about what we offer here. Reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what we can do for you!
Benefits of Hemp Clothing
You probably gathered by now that we are hemp obsessed! And you'd be correct – the hemp fiber that is woven into TOASTY HEMP CO clothing is truly remarkable!
When blended into textiles, hemp adds a unique level of strength, toughness, warmth, and breathability that is absent with other fabrics and blends. Hemp fibers are also considered an eco-friendly supplement when added to traditional cotton garments.
While We could go on and on about the benefits of hemp here, but invite you to check out our Why Hemp page for much more about why we love hemp so much!
And for those of you that want to truly immerse yourself in hemp knowledge and research, head over to our Hemp Clothing 101 for tons of information about the history of hemp, hemp fiber properties, and future predictions about hemp in fashion.
Will hemp clothing get you high?
The hemp fibers used for textiles originate from the Cannabis sativa Linn. plant. This plant is often used for industrial hemp applications including: textiles, paper, insulation, building materials, horticulture, animal nutrition, food/beverages, cosmetics/hygiene products, and energy production.
The hemp fibers used in our clothing are non-psychoactive, so the only high you’ll get is an extreme sense of comfort and coziness.
TOASTY HEMP CO Production & Sourcing
TOASTY HEMP CO works with a network of international partners to source and produce our garments and apparel. Our goal is to align ourselves with manufacturers that prioritize living wages, safe working conditions, and environmental responsibility and global sustainability initiatives.
With that in mind, we are working hard to develop additional production and sourcing options that meets the Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS). Please reach out to email@example.com for further information.
Still have questions?! We are ready for them!
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch with you soon!